Here is a quick peek at Claire & Patrick’s wedding in San Juan Capistrano. We did some bridal portraits at the Mission in the rain but the weather made the perfect lighting!
I’m writing or more like texting this blog from my phone and I’ve had to delete several times because I can’t seem to use my two thumbs correctly.
I’m sitting in my hotel room, air conditioning on high at 7 in the morning. For you Californians, that’s 3 am for y’all. It’s hot here in Puerto Rico, even at this early hour.
As I sit here I’m thinking about the wedding I’ll be shooting today, hoping it doesn’t rain, and appreciating the opportunity to be on this beautiful island.
This is my last wedding of the year and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for this past year. I’ve certainly struggled at times but I wouldn’t change a thing. I’ve learned to take the
good great with the bad not so great.
And this… this is some of the great…
Hey y’all! It’s another Catching Up Instagram Style. It’s been a crazy few weeks and I’ve been traveling a lot lately and unfortunately, my blogging is falling behind. But, have no fear! I’m here to catch y’all up on my days, travels, weddings, and my adventures in cooking.
1. Finally! I’ve finally had a Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity. And yes, it lives up to the hype.
2. One of the major attractions in San Diego is the Safari Park. This past weekend I finally went and I got to shoot a wedding there as well. It’s definitely one of my favorite wedding experiences so far.
3. I loooove dessert. If you’ve been to my pinterest page you know that the majority of my pins are food and a majority of that are dessert recipes. My husband and I went out to dinner last week and we shared the Creme Brulee and it was soooo goooood!
4. A sneak peek of my bride from my Las Vegas wedding. She was absolutely gorgeous and her dress was just as amazing.
5. Our travels to Las Vegas, you can barely see them but those are Joshua Trees back there.
6. I finally broke down and bought a stand mixer. I never thought I’d be one of those kitchen-aid-mixer-people but it turns out as I grow old, I am one of those people. I’m on a quest to get my monies worth so I’m going to be baking all my pins on my dessert board.
7. I, of course, have to include pictures of Lola. She’s sporting her San Diego Chargers shirt and having a great time playing tennis.
8. This is proof that I’m a nerd and maybe addicted to food… I went to a book signing. And not just any book signing, a food book signing. And I was super excited to stand in line for hours, by myself (I did everything I could to try to convince my husband to stand in line with me. He wasn’t having it), for Marcella Valladolid’s signature.
9. I’m not quite sure what kind of coffee this was, could just be regular coffee, but we dinned at a Vietnamese restaurant and I ordered their iced coffee and it was literally the best iced coffee I’ve ever had.
10. It’s fall and what more fall-ish than apples and really are apples fun to eat plain? Uh, no! So I made Ina Garten’s Apple Crisp. A great recipe and super easy!
11. I’m thinking of making my suitcase my new dresser. Well, that and I could always use my car as my living room, kitchen, and bedroom- I’m practically living on I-5 North. No complaints here!, just saying 😉 Some of my travels were/are to Los Angeles, Las Vegas and next week we are headed to Puerto Rico!!
12. As ashamed and embarrassed as I am, I’m posting this picture anyways. It’s my office… well, more like it was my dump turned into an office again. A before and after picture. Yikes! I was probably one sheet of paper away from hoarders being filmed.
13. Looking for my next book to read. I couldn’t decide on Steve Jobs or Ellen Degeneres. Steve Jobs won. I’m half way through the book and all I can say is that Steve is an interesting fella! INTERESTING!!
14. A night shot of the beautiful Newland Barn.
15. A very beautiful and intimate ceremony at Heisler Park in Laguna Beach.
16. This is GusGus. The 2nd cutest puppy, right behind my Lola. He belongs to my friend Katie and I’ve been plotting to dognapp him ever since I laid eyes on him.
17. My last read was The Night Circus and I’m a little torn on how I feel about the book. I’m a sap and I wanted more of the love story between the main characters. Maybe in this case, the movie could be better than the book.
18. My first time at the Disney Concert Hall. I did a lifestyle shoot with a gorgeous and soon to be college graduate. Congratulations, Ebony!
19. Oh SIRI! You are so wise! Yes, it’s true, all you need is love and your iphone!
20. Oh. my. goodness! My dream bag by Louis Vuitton.
21. Look at these beautiful California fall colors! I shot a wedding a few weeks back at Occidental College and this is a small part of their gorgeous campus.
22. Probably one of my favorite instagram shots, LA Arboretum. Which by the way, I can never pronounce correctly.
23. I love weddings. I love them even more when there’s a full sushi bar!
Happy November y’all! Here are a few weddings, engagements, and a lifestyle shoot coming up.
San Diego Engagement | Lourdes + Jon
Crestmore Manor, Riverside Ca Wedding | Stephanie + Jacob
Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala Wedding | Bianca + Fernando
Fallbrook Wedding | Amanda + Mike
Walt Disney Concert Hall Lifestyle Shoot | Ebony
It was her close friends and family that surrounded her that day. They put her at ease and a smile on her face. Karla was about to marry the man she had loved for years and she had planned this day with all of her heart. She made sure there were details that were personal- custom made cufflinks of Frankie’s grandparents who could only be at the wedding in spirit and details that represented her and Frankie’s style. There wasn’t a day leading up to this moment that Karla wasn’t planning or doing something with the wedding- Karla cared and it definitely showed!
Karla and Frankie were married this summer in Long Beach. They had dated for years and they knew they were meant to be together forever. The wedding was a perfect touch of vintage and handmade pieces that Karla and Frankie loved.
Karla and Frankie! I’ve said this so many times but I completely believe it to be true- we were meant to be 😉 Thank you so much for choosing me to document your love and your day. It was perfect and we had so much fun!
Huge thank you to Logan for helping me shoot that day.
Karla searched high and low for her perfect wedding gown, a Alvina Valenta Wedding Gown
Thank you to Amy Clarke for Karla’s beautiful make up.